Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Birthday Wish

It was my birthday last Saturday. I did not have a big birthday party bash because I didn't feel like it. Now on days, birthdays does not seem to be too big of an issue for me. I didn't wish for anything nor did I want any presents [but thank you to the yuppies for making me a scrapbook which I love oh so much!].

This year my birthday has taken me to a different perspective of life. It happen to fall on a hottest day in Melbourne (46deg!!!!), and with that came the devastating bush fires which left many homes destroyed and lives broken. The most distraught area is King Lake which only a mere kilometers from where I live. One of my workmates, Di lost her home and everything else that she and her family owned. All she has are the clothes on her back but thankfully she and her family were saved from the fires. Work has organised a donation collection for Di and her family. I've donated some money as well as some fresh towels and new bedsheets for her. I logged on the the Australian Red Cross website to donate more and holding off all my grocery shopping for this Friday as Coles is going to donate Friday profits to the Victorian Bushfire appeal.

If birthday wishes are meant to come true then I shall wish to God to please look after those who has lost their loved ones and their homes to the bushfires. Show them love and courage to move on and help them to get back on their feet. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are affected.

No comments: